As a parent/carer of a child or children at the Academy I/we will ensure that:
- My/our child attends regularly, is punctual, wears school uniform and is property equipped;
- The Academy is notified of any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour;
- Any homework set is completed and that I/we will support my child in any opportunities for home learning;
- Parents’ Consultations are attended and that I/we will follow up any opportunities to discuss my child’s progress;
- The Academy’s policies, Code of Conduct and guidelines for behaviour are fully supported.
The Academy will:
- Support your child in his/her learning;
- Contact parents/carers if there is a recurring problem with attendance, punctuality, uniform or equipment;
- Arrange Parents’ Consultations at which your child’s progress can be discussed;
- Set, mark and monitor your child’s school work and homework;
- Provide parents/carers with regular reports of their child’s progress;
- Keep parents/carers informed of school activities and any important Academy information through letters home/newsletters;
- Inform parents of any serious concerns or problems associated with their child’s work or behaviour.
The Code of Conduct must be followed by each student. The student will:
Around the Academy
- Arrive on time (including registration and all lessons);
- Wear uniform correctly at all times;
- Bring the right equipment, including planner and bag suitable for an A4 sized book;
- Enter classrooms sensibly;
- Follow instructions given by staff – first time, every time;
- Be polite and show respect for other people, property and their environment.
In the classroom
- Remain seated in lessons unless otherwise asked;
- Work sensibly, not disrupting the learning of others;
- Complete all work to the best of their ability in every lesson;
- Listen to the teacher and follow their instructions throughout the lesson;
- Accept responsibility for their actions and abide by the Academy sanctions.
Mobile phones, smart watches, electrical equipment and aerosols should be left at home. Smoking materials including e-cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, laser pens and/or anything that might danger another person are banned items. The Academy accepts no responsibility for personal items brought into the Academy.