Sooner than you think you will be competing with other students for employment and further study, for this reason we offer a broad and balanced curriculum that reflects any Government changes and expectations.
All students must complete the following compulsory subjects:
- English Language GCSE
- English Literature GCSE
- Mathematics GCSE
- Core Science GCSE
- Additional Science GCSE
- Physical Education
- Citizenship together with Personal and Social Health Education (PSHE)
- Careers Education
Our ‘Guided Choice’ subjects make up the rest of your curriculum time, you are able to pick 4 courses in total (this must include picking either History or Geography) and we would also recommend students consider continuing to study either French or Spanish.
Key Dates and Events
There is a carefully planned guided choice process which supports your child, so they will be able to make well informed choices about the courses that they will study.
- They have had an assembly on Wednesday 21st October 2015 to introduce the process.
- They have ‘tried’ some subjects out on the first enrichment day of the year on Tuesday 10th November 2015.
- This information evening (19th November) for parents/carers and students; a chance to ask questions and meet subject teachers.
- Choices will then be made and completed forms handed in to form tutors by 4th December 2015. Students form tutors (or SENCO where appropriate) will be asked to discuss choices with students before handing them on to Miss Brown.
- Any issues with choices will be dealt with during the week commencing 7th December. (Please note: We make every effort to give students their first choice of option however this is not always possible, in those instances we will communicate with you promptly).
- Guided choice process closes 18th December 2015. Students will then be timetabled based on their choices made. Final choice allocation will be communicated with parents/carers during the spring term.
|English (7)||Maths (7)||Science (10)||Core PE (4)||PSHE (1)||Literacy (1)||Option A (5)||Option B (5)||Option C (5)||Option D (5)|
|Option C||History||BTEC Health and Social Care||Food||Product Design||Photography|
Downloadable Information Packs: