Sixth Form Student Council
The Leadership Committee is a group of students who represent the sixth-form community. The main objective of the team is to represent your fellow students in the Sixth form enabling a ‘voice’. Each member will have an identified ‘role’ within the group (e.g. Leader, Events co-ordinator) and will subsequently develop key skills which employers seek.
- It can organise social functions or fund-raising activities including the Prom.
- It can discuss whole school problems/issues such as bullying and litter control.
- It can influence communication in the Sixth Form via the School website, student bulletin / newspaper etc.
Who would be suitable?
Students who are:
- Self-motivated, hardworking and committed.
- Command the respect and support of those whom they represent
- Good communicators and organisers of events
What are the benefits of the being a part of the Student Council?
- Experience of how meetings run and decisions are made.
- Provides evidence of responsibility
- Experience of organising fundraising activities and events.