Art Curriculum Intent
Art we aim to build up skills gradually throughout KS3, we use a wide range of materials and each year pupils have the opportunity to experience working in both 2 and 3 dimensions through a variety of media including; clay, paint, pens and oil pastels. Through set projects students learn about different cultures, techniques and processes, which will enable them to access the GCSE course.
At GCSE level students are given a wide range of creative experiences. During the course students will:
- Develop ideas through looking at the work of other artists, designers and craftspeople.
- Have opportunities to experiment with a range of materials in 2D and 3D.
- Learn how to make and record observations using a range of methods including drawing, painting, photography and ICT.
- Finally students will develop methods for presenting personal and meaningful work that reflects their research and experiments into a given topic or theme.
- During the course students will create work in a range of the following disciplines: drawing and painting, mixed media, and 3D.
- Students will have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of work both in class and through regular homework tasks which encourage independent skill development.