Here at the Ripley Academy you are entitled to:
- Clear advice and information about ALL the options available, so that you understand what they involve.
- Support and guidance to help you make choices and complete a career plan/profile for the future.
- Help to decide what to do when you leave your courses, including further learning, training and employment.
- A programme of careers education helping you develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning.
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
Our independent careers advisor for the academy works with us once a week to help us provide this support, we also give our Y10 and Y12 students the opportunity to take part in work experience weeks in the summer term.
Stronger links are being built between schools and employers in the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership area, to help young people better realise their career potential. We believe a successful economy needs businesses and schools to work closer together on this issue. The Enterprise Advisor for The Ripley Academy is Gary Wilson, from Forbo Flooring, who has an extensive background in the Human Resources sector. Gary will be working with the school to develop stronger links with business to support our students in developing their employability skills in readiness for later life.
We also invite guest speakers from a variety of educational and vocational institutions in to speak with our students in assembly and provide workshops. In addition to this we provide curriculum based learning opportunities as well as visits and after school events in order to fully support our students. Below is a snapshot of our careers programme.
If students, parents, teachers or employers would like more information they should contact our Head of Careers:
Mrs L Tollervey